Saturday, July 7, 2012

Have You Ever Laughed So Hard...

Have you ever laughed so hard that the tears came down, that your sides hurt, that you thought you'd never stop?  That was me back in 1976 when I was watching one of my favorite TV programs, The Carol Burnett Show.  The spoof was a send up of Gone with the Wind.  And the moment all was lost is when Carol appears at the top of the stairs in her new dress made special from the curtain in the downstairs window.

I started thinking about it after all these years a couple of weeks ago and just today wondered if I could find it on line.  Silly me, of course it's on line.  I've just watched it again, now thirty-six years later.  There are some very good comedians and comedy shows today, but they just don't make them like Carol Burnett and her crew 'way back then'.  Anyway, thought you might enjoy a classic of American comedy.  Here is part one.  And here is part two.